Saturday 14 December 2013

OUGD504: STUDIO BRIEF 3 - Design for Print & Web // Rewritten Brief

Following the small critique I took part in on friday, I've come away with some more ideas I can use when rebranding the Mutton Quad. I've refined by brief even further, having a much clearer idea of what I wish to create, and a better idea of my audience. Thanks to the other members in my group will helped me define what i needed to do.

The original idea was to make a high-up-market restaurant, called 'The Bowl', which played with typographic anatomy, as the bowl is the centre of a letter form, like the space in the letter 'O'. However, it had to relevance to the food I was serving. So, during the critique, we discussed the idea that the name could directly relate to the food we would be serving. So we thought about what is served in a bowl - eventually ending on Soup. This gave me a product, which I could base the rest of the branding upon. We also talked about the audience, busy people on lunch breaks who grab soup on the go, and then head back to their offices, as the primary audience, however, some people do have some extra time and like to eat in. I went away and rewrote the original brief for additional time.

No comments:

Post a Comment