Following the physical layouts I digitally created the logo in Illustrator. I create two different variants of the logo, which I chose from my layouts. I decided to use a roman font from font squirrel, it's called Latin Modern Roman.
I drew out similar grids to that I did on the physical layouts. Which I then started adding the letterforms to. So would get the same look as my physical layouts.
I used the grid system to account for equal width between the text and the separation stroke, to make the design more visually pleasing. I decided to use the same font on the sub-heading as I did the heading. Although I'm not too sure about it, I'm probably going to offer a script alternative to the sub-heading, to see how it looks, and offer it to the client with the option of choosing.
Larger version of the logo, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to see how it will turn out on the printed collateral. This is one of the near final variations I'll be sending to the client. Of course, I'm expecting some feedback and alterations.
Variation 2. I once again used the same grids in the digital version, as I did in the physical version, some they would look the same, and so everything would like up properly and look good.
The near final digital version of variation two, which I will be submitting to the client along with the first variant. Personally, prefer the first variant, I think the horizontal layout works better, with a pleasing simple aspect about it.