Thursday 23 January 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // Fedrigoni Initial Concepts

As part of my response to promote their Woodstock range, following my research, I've decided to approach my design calendar using a layering techniques throughout the design. A large amount of Fedrigoni's previous collateral uses this techniques, and it's proven to be extremely effective. 



I drew a few designs of how I'd like my calendar to look, I've also decided to use a perforation method, to allow the user to tear of each day as it passes, or each month, depending how I choose to format the calendar. I'd also like to use perfect binding, it allows me to use even more of Fedrigoni's stock within the product. 


I drew out plans for a seasonal calendar. I've used iconography for each season, a umbrella for autumn, a left for spring, a sun for summer and a snowflake for winter - not complex in the slightest and extremely concise in communicating it's message; the season. 


Each design will have a laser cut hole, of the desired shape through each season, and a colour corresponding to the season through Fedrigoni's Woodstock range. The date in full will be listed on each page. 


You can see how the the design will look in 3D, I mocked this up using isometric paper. Through the umbrella you'll be able to see parts of the design for the next season and the paper it's printed on, a sample of the next season, almost. Although, currently, this idea is still in development. 


No comments:

Post a Comment