Monday 27 January 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // OAC Photography - Logo Development

For the logo I wanted to keep things quite simple. I dew up a few designs, using elements of photography within the design of the logo, using type and image. I was able to get some ideas of what to include from my research. 


I began creating variations using the shorter title 'OAC' with 'Photography' as a subheading, and variants with the full phrase as the title. I quite liked the idea of keeping the logo simple and using iconography over the top of the type to communicate the skill set. 


You can see the full range of logos I began to mock up. I sort of went from left to right on the page, as development. I began by creating a more obvious typographic imagery, but the logo didn't really feel substantial. 


I used the A to create a tripod for the camera. I quite like this variation, it has a certain charm to it. This will be one of the logos I will mock up digitally, with variations, for the client. 


This is a refined version of one of the logos on the page. It's very simple, but that's what I want it to be. It uses iconography above the text. I've taken two symbols from the dial on a canon camera (when you're selecting the settings for your shoot) These two symbols stand of landscape and portraits. As OAC Photography mainly works with family photo shoots. I added the landscape icon in there so she's not completely chained to family portraits for the rest of her career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment