Thursday 30 January 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // No. 7 Antiques - Logo Design

I've begun to design the logo for No. 7 Antiques, I wanted to base it off it's original design, which is quite plain, in a roman font - so I don't end up confusing No. 7's target audience, and regular customers I think it's the right direction to head in. 


I experimented and played with the layout, on three variations, to find the best solution, and the best logo for the client. I re-arranged the required copy on the logo. Trying a horizontal and vertical layout. Of course, I understand that these might not look as good digitised, some might even look better. We will see. 


I prefer this logo to the rest, it's very clean and contemporary. It's essentially a tidied up version of the existing logo, a designed version, rather than a word processed version. Which, sometimes is all that's needed for a logo. 


Another variation which I'm likely to digitise, is this one. It's a vertical layout of the logo. It could be used as a space saver, and it's almost square layout would be great for digital logos, such as social media icons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment