Tuesday 7 January 2014

OUGD504: STUDIO BRIEF 3 - Design for Print & Web // App Design

Following the initial design of the app, I began creating the app, I measured the size of the standard iPhone 5/S/C screen. It came to 1134 x 640px. I used this as a base, I then marked off the areas dominated by Apple's UI, the status bar at the top.


I divided the remaining area into thirds and added the logo. To open the app, you must slide to open, to make this seem more like an Apple UI, I sent the blend mode to 'soft light', which altered the opacity, slightly. 


I used the same background throughout, not to distract from the UI. Some apps in my research did this, and they seem to work well by doing so. I added a bar at the top of the page, for the rest of the pages. The symbol at the right will return users to the main menu. All the pages were designed using the rule of thirds as a basis. 


The map works with apple maps. It uses your location to find nearby stores. I used the same grid throughout, and I've used breakers to separate the information. There's an arrow to indicate that a scroll is active, so you find the rest of the information.


The food-menu links to the other sub-pages for the food categories. The rewards page uses the logo as the bowl, the soup in the bowl fills up with every purchase, once the bowl is full, you get some soup, for free.   





No comments:

Post a Comment