Monday 13 January 2014

OUGD504: STUDIO BRIEF 2 - Design for Web // Mobile Device Proposal

I'd like my website to be usable on multiple platforms, as it is 2014, mobile compatibility is almost expected. Websites work dynamically to change their appearance and format depending on the device. However, due to my developing skill set's low ability, at this stage, I'm unable to create a mobile dynamic website. So i'm proposing them.


Currently, my website looks like this, on most monitors. Depending on the resolution of the monitor, the page may be smaller or larger. However, it will always be central. 


Here is my proposal for the vertical iPad format. The models displayed are the iPad Air and the iPad Mini. The site hugs the sides of the screen, taking advantage of the displays size, to increase usability.


When flipped horizontal, the iPad doesn't distort the images and the page size, it simply centres and adds a white background. To assure the images and the text are still clean. 


As the iPhone has a much smaller screen, I've decided to shrink the navigation bar down, allowing for two rows. The images and the text also hug the sides of the page. Taking advantage of all the space available. 







No comments:

Post a Comment