Thursday 20 February 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // Codex Books/OAC Photography Critique/No. 7

I decided to do a 1 on 1 on 1 critique with Adam and Grace, just showing each other some work and getting some feedback and development. I showed them some of the logos and concepts I've been designing, and asking for ideas to improve them, or things I could try to see if I can propose a more effective design.



We first spoke about Codex Books, I showed them my development work and the logo I've generated, which will be applied to the website. 

What Works
  1. The upper type works well, it's clear what it is, it has a very old rustic feel to it, which works well with collectable books, an original quality.
  2. The illustration works, it's simple and won't clash with any imagery on the website. It's clear what it is and it won't be difficult to see from a distance.
What could be improved
  1. The text on the bottom of the logo could be in a serif font, perhaps a roman font, the gothic san serif font looks good, and is very readable, however it doesn't really relate to the subject matter. A Roman font looks more traditional, and does in fact relate to the subject matter; collectable first edition/rare books. 


I then presented the mock up for the website landing page to Adam and Grace. They thought the stock image used worked well with the logo. The site itself is heading towards a modern contemporary look. The use of a full page image is the correct direction to head in, as a vast majority of modern, revamped websites are beginning to implement this style into their design. 


 I then showed Adam and Grace the front of OAC Photography's Business card, having not seen any progress on this brief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment