Friday 21 March 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // D&AD npower Illustrations

Looking at the vast majority of my scamps, I realised I would need to create some vector illustrations for my application. I began to look on the npower website for images I could illustrate. I looked on the npower website for the same reason I sampled colours from the logo - to add some brand consistency to the design. Using elements customers will already associate with npower. 


I chose the image of the flame, which represents the gas part of the brand and the energy savers bulb which represents the electricity part of the brand. Using these as the main iconography for the application would help tie the application to the brand, along side the colour scheme.




The illustrations for both the icons have been created, using pen tool in illustrator to go around the edges of the shapes, carefully, as not to deform them. They look pretty good. I think they will work well incorporated into elements of the application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment